Monday, August 24, 2015

CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST

 

For Me To live is Christ, And To Die Is Gain.



philippians 1: 21-26
King James Version (KJV)


To Live Is Christ

21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;

26 That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.



1:21-25 Paul does not long for death, but for the closer presence of Christ that death will bring.  Meanwhile, he has a strong sense of duty to remain among them for their growth and maturing in the faith.



1:21-24 Do not fear death. Remember that dying in God’s timing and will is only victory for a believer.

1:23 The word depart is also used for pulling up tent pegs or a ship’s anchor.  For Paul, death is simply breaking camp and moving on, or setting sail to a new port.  



Janet Thomas
Founder/President/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts