Wednesday, May 23, 2018

THE ABRAHAMIC COVENANT




Genesis 22:15-19 
New International Version (NIV)

15 The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time16 and said, “I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring[a]all nations on earth will be blessed,[b] because you have obeyed me.”

19 Then Abraham returned to his servants, and they set off together for Beersheba. And Abraham stayed in Beersheba.

KING DYNAMICS


22:16 By myself I have sworn: "Because he could swear by no greater, he swear by himself" (Heb.6:13). God also used this incident to settle the issue for all time. He does not approve of human sacrifice.

In Christ,
Janet Irene Thomas
Playwright/Screen Writer/Director
Published Author/Gospel Lyricist &Producer
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts
www.biblestoriestheatre.org.




No comments:

Post a Comment