Wednesday, June 29, 2016

GOD’S TEARS

 


SOW IN TEARS. . .REAP IN JOY

He that goes forth weeping, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. Psalm 126:6  KJV


Did you know that Tears in Scripture play a unique role in spiritual breakthrough?  Discover as I, that the planting of seeds accompanied by a spirit of brokenness will not only bring a spiritual harvest of results, but will leave the sower with a spirit of rejoicing in the process.  


THE MINISTRY OF TEARS – LIQUID PRAYER

First, there are tears of sorrow or suffering (2 Kin. 20:5).  Second, there are tears of joy (Gen. 33:4).  Third, there are tears of compassion (John 11:35). Fourth, there are tears of desperation (Esth. 4:1, 3).  Fifth, there are tears of travail, or giving birth (Is 42:14). Sixth, there are tears of repentance (Joel 2:12, 13). Passion in spiritual warfare is clearly needed.


Hope for the Teary

Do you cry a lot?  I do. And I mean I cry a lot. There was a time when I wondered about my crying ALL THE TIME.  And pleaseeee,  don’t let me see someone else crying (even strangers), it‘s as though a switch has come on within me. I don’t even have to know “why” that individual is cry; I just cry. As hard as I try, I can not control my crying.  If I’m watching a movie; I’m crying.  If I’m listening to love songs; I’m crying.  I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I believe that through tears one can experience the full measure of God's comfort. Possibly that is the main purpose — is to expose a “yielding” that can be touched by Him.  But, let me tell you, I don’t wonder why I’m crying when reading THE WORD of GOD.  I AM CHRIST –TAINED.  I am happy to be “different”. I am set apart for Christ.  Now, I cry because I know that ‘indeed’ I am one Princess with God. See, I’ve studied and learned that tears play a fundamental role in the Christian life.  


T

ears are evidence of a heart in tune with God. Frequently when tears are referenced in the Bible they accompany repentance, love or sorrow for the lost.  I want to share something that touch the core of my soul and I pray that you too are so moved.  Here goes:

Jesus rebukes him: "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.... Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven — for she loved much." Jesus confirmed that the woman's tears were evidence of her right heart with God.


Here is the Story:


A  Pharisees invited Jesus to dinner; he entered the Pharisee's house and reclined at the table. A local woman, one who was a sinner, found out that Jesus was having dinner at the Pharisee's house.  She showed up with an alabaster jar of myrrh, and weeping at Jesus’ feet, her tears wet his feet, and she wiped them dry with her hair. Then she kissed his feet, and anointed them with the myrrh.

The Pharisee who had invited him saw this and said to himself, "if this man were a prophet, he would know who this is and what kind of woman is touching him, since she is a sinner."

                      And Jesus answered him, "Simon, I have something to tell you."
"Teacher," he said, "Speak up."

"This moneylender had two debtors; one owed five hundred silver coins, the other fifty. Since neither one of them could pay, he wrote off both debts. Now which of them will love him more?"

Simon answered, "I would imagine the one for whom he wrote off the larger debt."

And he said to him, "You're right." Then turning to the woman, he said to Simon, 

"Do you see this woman? I walked into your house and you didn't offer me water for my feet; yet she has washed my feet with her tears and dried them with her hair. You didn't offer me a kiss, but she
hasn't stopped kissing my feet since I arrived. You didn't anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with myrrh. For this reason, I tell you, her sins, many as they are, have been forgiven, as this outpouring of her love shows. But the one who is forgiven little shows little love."

And he said to her "Your sins have been forgiven."


Then those having dinner with him began to mutter to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?"

And he said to the woman, "Your trust has saved you; go in peace."
                                                                                                              Luke 7:36-50

A LITTLE Something to Do


1. If you have land, PLANT A FEW MORE SEEDS THIS YEAR . Give the extra fruits or vegetables to people that do not have very much of their own.

2. HAVE A DREAM! This is not a dream when you are asleep. This dream is a good idea that God will give you. He will give it to you if you pray to him. Then do something to make your dream happen.

3. AND DON’T FORGET TO CRY.  Sometimes big girls do cry.  Oh, and big boys. . . don’t believe that legend about big boys don’t cry. it's NOT TRUE. Go on and cry.  It pleases GOD; that’s all that matters.


In Christ,


Playwright Janet Irene Thomas
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts


No comments:

Post a Comment