Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Vision of Paradise


2 Corinthians 12:1-6 

King James Version (KJV)


12 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

 

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

 

3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

 

4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

 

5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

 

6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.




12:2 I knew a man in Christ: Obliviously Paul himself, but he speaks with reserve to avoid boasting about himself rather than the Lord who granted such a privilege. Fourteen years ago: About A.D. 42, in the period of his Christian life not described in Acts. Third heaven: The highest heaven, the presence of God, in contrast to the sky and the starry heavens visible from earth.



12:4 Paradise: Identified here with "the third heaven" (v.2); the place of blissful fellowship with God (Luke 23:43; Rev. 2:7). Paul was neither able nor permitted to repeat what he had heard.


 

Janet Thomas
Founder/President/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre


No comments:

Post a Comment