Monday, December 12, 2016

THE PRAYER OF JABEZ (4)


1 Chronicles 4:10


"Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!"

So, God granted him what he requested.

A Biblical-Theological ReflectionsThe Prayer’s Third Petition – …that Your hand be with me


This third petition makes more obvious the request of the second petition. Jabez asks for God's power to assist him in his task of taking territory. The illustration of God's hand as his power against his enemies is common in the Old Testament, particularly in the narratives about the Exodus and the conquest.

That Your hand be with me



Jabez asked that God's hand would be with him to lead him, protect him, strengthen him, and to work all His works in him. Since he had asked for so much, he also wanted to have God's help in handling his new responsibilities. He surrenders his success to God.   …….to be cont’d
               
In Christ,

Playwright Janet Irene Thomas
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts


No comments:

Post a Comment