Tuesday, May 30, 2017

REVELATION OF CHRIST (2)



Revelation 1: 17-20 (CEV)
Contemporary English Version 

 A Vision of the Risen Lord

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet like a dead person. But he put his right hand on me and said:
Don’t be afraid! I am the first, the last, 18 and the living one. I died, but now I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys to death and the world of the dead. Write what you have seen and what is and what will happen after these things. 20 I will explain the mystery of the seven stars that you saw at my right side and the seven gold lamp stands. The seven stars are the angel of the seven churches, and the lamp stands are the seven churches.


Dispensational Interpretation


Dispensational Interpretation makes three distinct chronological divisions in Rev. 1-19, suggesting the things which thou hast seen, refers to things past;
2)      the things which are, to the church age (2:1)
3)      the things which shall be hereafter, to matters after the church ends.


Kingdom Dynamics


1: 17, 18. The keys of hell and of death:  Jesus is now Lord over the realms of life and death. The power f satanic prerogatives, because of man’s original rebellion, is now curbed (see Heb. 2:14, 15).

1: 19. The phrase which thou hast seen refers not only to the vision of Christ John has just witnessed, but anticipates visions yet to come, which will be in his past as he writes.  John will therefore record both present and future events, many of which will be repeated throughout history until the climax of this age and the Age to come (2:1-3:22).


Janet Irene Thomas
Playwright/Screen Writer/Director
Published Author/Gospel Lyricist &Producer
FOUNDER/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts


No comments:

Post a Comment