Friday, June 17, 2016

BUT GOD (2)



"I WANTED …TO WRITE…
ABOUT…SALVATION…
BUT…FELT THE NEED TO WRITE YOU ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE." 
                               JUDE 1:3 NCV




M
ax Lucado wrote, “I awoke early on morning for a meeting…[and] spotted a bag of cookies.  Our daughter had attended a bake sale so I thought she must’ve set them out for me...I ate one…interesting texture…I ate a second…with coffee it made an interesting option.  I grabbed a third for the road, and would have grabbed the fourth but only one remained... Later my wife phoned, “Looks like someone’s been in the bag.’  “It was me,’ I admitted.  ‘I ve had better breakfast cookies but those weren’t bad.’  “Those weren’t breakfast cookies, ‘she replied, ‘they were homemade dog biscuits! I should’ve consulted the maker.”


C
hristians are called out of the world, from the evil spirit and temper of it; called above the world, to higher and better things, to heaven, things unseen and eternal; called from sin to Christ, from vanity to seriousness, from uncleanness to holiness; and this according to the Divine purpose and grace. If sanctified and glorified, all the honor and glory must be ascribed to God and to him alone. As it is God who begins the work of grace in the souls of men, so it is he who carries it on, and perfects it. Let us not trust in ourselves, nor in our stock of grace already received, but in him, and in him alone. The mercy of God is the spring and fountain of all the good we have or hope for; mercy, not only to the miserable, but to the guilty.

So, what does this mean?  We too will be eating ‘dog food’ if we ignore the voice of our God. 


                                                                         cd
                                              

Have you ever really, really, wanted to do something, write something, or go somewhere, perhaps even started doing that something, and switched in mid-stream to something else? I have. It’s actually happened to me often, especially when writing this blog.  Did you know then that it was GOD moving within you?


     cd


The Bible says, “God is working in you to help you…do what pleases him”   (Php. 2:13NCV).  So when sense ‘a hold’ in your spirit He’s probably trying to get your attention.  He promised to ‘guide you along the best pathway for your life…advise…and watch over you” (Ps32:8 NLT). 

So you need to listen to Him and do what He says!  Jude said, “I wanted very much to write you about salvation…But I felt the need to write…about something else.”  Jude wanted to dedicate his epistle to one topic, but God had other plans.  

A century ago F.B. Meyer wrote, “Are you in difficulty about your way?  Go to God…get direction from the light of his smile or the cloud of his refusal…wait there silent and expectant, though all around you insist on immediate decision or action -the will of God will be made clear; and you’ll have a new conception of God.






Playwright Janet Irene Thomas
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts


No comments:

Post a Comment