Sunday, August 21, 2016

BENEFITS OF WISDOM


Proverbs 3:5-6
King James Version (KJV)
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.




Study God’s Word and listen to the Holy Spirit.  Believe God’s prophets.  Understand that these are the true sources of godly knowledge.


REFLECTION

Many of us are acquainted with the Book of Proverbs; however, we are especially familiar with Chapter 3, verses 5 and 6. I remember as a young girl, I memorized these chapter and these two (2) verses. The operative word here is ‘memorized’. With the thoughts of a child, it was very ‘important’ for me to memorize scripture because this is something that I was taught in Sunday School. However, today I realize that as I was memorizing scriptures, I WAS NOT learning or committing God’s Word to my heart, soul, mind, and spirit. Friends, I tell you, little did I know that daily reading of God’s Word …especially Proverbs would endow me with Godly and life wisdom!  Read 

HIS WORD!  It is not just enough to memorize the WORD of GOD. There must be clarity, understanding, application and meditation of what we read. There are 31 verses in Proverbs, a verse for every day of every month of the year.  Repetitious reading of proverbs (i.e. today is the 7th and we will read Proverbs 7) every month will soon reveal/manifest to us that there is guidance and direction for every facet of our lives, thereby we are begetting WISDOM!

 
Let’s learn Proverbs 3:5, 6 - Intimacy and Spiritual Breakthrough.   


Two words in this passage are especially significant-the words “ways” and “acknowledge.”
           
The word “ways” (Hebrew derek) means “a rod, a course, or a mode of action.”  It suggests specific opportunities a person may encounter on a recurring basis.  The most common “segment of opportunity” we experience regularly



In Christ,

Playwright Janet Irene Thomas
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment