Wednesday, August 31, 2016

"JESUS I KNOW, AND PAUL I KNOW…BUT WHO ARE YOU?" (3)

ACTS 19:15 NIV


Don’t try this on your own (3)

We’ve learned from the seven sons of Sceva that: 

(1) When "the evil day" comes, we discover what we’re made of! (See Eph 6:13).  The powers in this tormented man exposed the weakness in the seven sons of Sceva, overcame them and sent them running out of the house naked, stripped of their pretense.  One day we’re going to survive only because we’ve got the real thing.  One day it’s going to be truth or consequences.  One day we’re going to have walk with God when we can’t understand or explain where He’s taking us.  One day we’re going to have to stand on His Word when it doesn’t look like it’s working for us; our techniques, skill-set and connections won’t get us through.  So don’t try this on your own!


(2) Satan knows who we are!  Listen to the forces at work in this man: Jesus I know, and Paul I know…but who are you? Do we have the kind of relationship with God that causes Satan to know our name?  Do we even show up on his hit list? When God asked Satan, "Have you noticed my servant Job?" He replied, "Yes, and every time I come up against him I hit a force field I can’t penetrate!" God had Job covered – and He’s got us covered too.  Maybe we’re preoccupied with our own inadequacy and we’re saying, "I’m not able.  I’m not good enough." Understand this: It’s not us the enemy is afraid of; it’s the Spirit of God that’s in us! "Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 Jn4:4)....to be cont'd


DON’T TRY THIS ON YOUR OWN!




In Christ,

Playwright Janet Irene Thomas
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment