Tuesday, July 12, 2016

OUR REASON FOR LIVING (1)

 

 Excuse me, but your purpose is showing.  That’s right.  The way one lives reveals the  real reason for living. Actions really do speak louder than words. 

                                                                                 
Who Are We and How Do We Live?


The day we were born we began a learning process that will continue for the rest of our lives. We were, from the beginning, molded by our surroundings, parents, relatives, playmates, by all the general attitudes, ideas, and beliefs we came in contact with. Each new year of life added to our past, changing the way we viewed every new day, influencing how we reacted to everything from the simplest daily routines to complex events touching us, our family, and the world we lived in.

As we grow older we interacted with people from different backgrounds with differing ideas about life. Faced with new ideas, we may have defended our beliefs, or we may have completely abandoned our past. However, like most people, we probably belong to that vast river of humanity which lives each moment in the easiest, most pleasant way possible. If so, we were and are more or less able to blend ideas, feelings, philosophies, desires, and realities to justify what we want to do.

STOP! What was that?  Was that what we want?  This may be where we first error. Somewhere along the line, everything became “me” centered.  Let me share something with you. I’m not sure when it happen with me, but I assure you, it came about very, very subtle , my focus on me, me, me, me, myself, and I , became huge. Before I go further, I think I should clarify the “my” focus.  “My” dreams took over my living.  How many of you know that that is a dangerous journey?  For we were not created for ourselves, but to praise, glorify, edify, and worship Almighty GOD.  Obedience unto HIM blesses ours dreams. . . ‘If’ we commit them to HIM.

We are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which GOD prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10 NKJV

A hammer isn’t quite a hammer unless it’s hammering. And we’re not quite fulfilled unless we’re doing something that has meaning and a purpose higher than ourselves.


Jesus has invited us to be part of the coming Kingdom--- and He’s given us each a personal mission to further that Kingdom.  He told His disciples, “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8).  ....to be cont'd.


In Christ,




Playwright Janet Irene Thomas
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts




No comments:

Post a Comment