Wednesday, July 13, 2016

OUR REASON FOR LIVING (2)


Excuse me, but your purpose is showing.  That’s right.  The way one lives reveals the  real reason for living. Actions really do speak louder than words.

  
                                   
RECAP:  Jesus has invited us to be part of the coming Kingdom--- and He’s given us each a personal mission to further that Kingdom.  He told His disciples, “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8). 


RESUME: Jesus has given us a job to do---one that makes our lives full, exciting, and eternally significant.  GOD loved me so that HE stilled me to hear HIS purpose for my life.  

No, the course that I was, is, and continue to be on has not changed, but I now have a narrow focus on the face of Jesus, wholly committed to do it all to HIS GLORY. So, I ask. What is your reason for living?


Questions to ask - Knowing God's will in a specific situation

•Will it harm my relationship with God?
•Will it cause another Christian to stumble in their own walk with God?
•Will it discredit or compromise my Christian testimony?
•What does my conscience have to say about the matter?
•Are my motives self-centered or selfish?
•Is the proposed course of action an attempt to trust or rely or depend on somebody or something other than God?

•Will the proposed course of action encourage me to or tempt me to rely or trust or depend on something or someone other than God?
•Will it make known and glorify the presence of God?
•Have I obeyed in everything that I already understand?
•Am I committed to doing (starting and finishing) God's will in this situation.  Romans 12:1-2)


•What is the desire of my heart?  (Psalm 37:4)
•Has God provided the power and resources needed to accomplish what I desire?  (Philippians 2:13)
•Has God given me the peace in my heart to follow this route, to work on it, and to make the necessary decisions?  (Isaiah 26:3) … to be cont’d


In Christ,



Playwright Janet Irene Thomas
Founder/CEO
Bible Stories Theatre of
Fine & Performing Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment